Source code on GitHub.
Install from the Mac App Store.
Or download it here.
Mobile users can save the bookmarklet.
Enable Nightlight by checking the box in Safari › Preferences › Extensions .
Bug reports and feedback are welcome via email.
Crashes and energy reports may be collected by Apple if allowed by the user.
Version 1.3 - 2 Jun. 2019
- Don't darken iframes
- Lighten selection color instead of darken (WIP)
- Improved border colors
- (Fix) Custom and Sunrise timers worked inconsistently
Version 1.2.1 - 27 Oct. 2018
- Added File menu item to empty cache
- (Fix) Some background images weren't displayed; you may need to empty the cache.
Version 1.2 - 18 Oct. 2018
- New mode: Match System Appearance (requires macOS 10.14)
- Added button to refresh enabled status
- Added label explaining how to enable Nightlight
- Handle inline bgcolor attributes
- Handle font color attributes
- Handle background-image gradients
- (Fix) Style sheets with multiple media types weren't processed
- (Fix) Background colors were sometimes darkened too much and became black
- (Fix) Imported cross-origin style sheets weren't processed
- (Fix) Processed style sheets could be processed again, resulting in even darker colors
Version 1.1 - 7 Oct. 2018
- Handle cross-origin style sheets
- Handle inline style attributes
- Handle SVG fill attributes
- Handle dynamically loaded styles and nodes
- No longer darken or invert images
Version 1.0.2 - 25 Sep. 2018
- Darken page before it finishes loading
- (Fix) Embedded frames were not being darkened in v1.0.1
Version 1.0.1 - 24 Sep. 2018
- Dark mode support
- Set background color to black for canvas elements
- Invert color for SVG elements
Version 1.0 - 7 Sep. 2018
- Now a native Safari App Extension
- Redesigned popover
- Better darkening process
- Removed features:
- Aggressive mode
Version 0.1.7 - Cancelled
- The "live-updating" default behavior introduced in 0.1.6 was a poor decision in hindsight. Version 0.1.7 inverts the "observe" list into the "don't observe" list; use this list for video sites.
Version 0.1.6 - 14 Nov. 2017
- Change default behavior regarding live updating. In practical terms, you should be able to use Nightlight on pages with video players without excessive CPU usage, but sites that dynamically add content (e.g. "infinite scrolling") won't have the new content darkened unless you add those sites to the "Observe" list.
- Override text and border colors marked as
- New hotkey option (⇧⌘F)
- Allow whitespace in option lists for separating entries
Version 0.1.5 - 11 July 2017
<span> border color with text color
- Aggressive Mode now removes
- More hotkey options (⌃N and ⌃O)
- New bookmarklet
- (Fix) Regression in v0.1.4 broke blacklist and aggressive list
Version 0.1.4 - 2 June 2017
- Ignore specific tabs
- Aggressive Mode
- (Fix) Crash if Aggressive list or Blacklist are empty
Version 0.1.3 - 31 May 2017
- Toggle Nightlight on/off using hotkey (⌥N or ⌥O)
Version 0.1.2 - 11 May 2017
- Override colors marked as
Version 0.1.1 - 6 Oct. 2016
Version 0.1 - 23 Sep. 2016