The macOS color panel has some annoying limitations:
- Can only be accessed through an app that contains a color well
- Disappears when the app that displayed it is no longer key
- Can't organize your favorite colors
Color Picker is meant to address those issues. It is a standalone app, so it is easily accessible and always visible. Users can save their favorite colors to "Palettes".
Source code on Github.
Install from the Mac App Store.
Or download it here.
Version 1.1.1 - 17 Sep. 2018
Version 1.1 - 8 July 2017
- Palette window has contextual menus to edit and delete palettes
- Drag and drop colors from color picker and palette windows
- (Fix) Crash if clicked on a certain empty slot in a palette
Version 1.0.1 - 28 May 2017
- (Fix) Hex code input didn't set brightness slider
Version 1.0 - 24 May 2017